Sunday, April 13, 2014

Preppy? . . . I Think YES!


   Back in January, I was feeling pretty down because of the weather. I was wearing the same thing everyday- leggings and a sweatshirt. I was so bored with my closet and look, so I decided just out of the blue that I was going to become preppy. So for the past 3 months I have been transforming my closet, accessories, and of course monograming everything!!! I have done the research and put in the time. So I have come up with the "10 Steps to a Preppy Life".

10 Steps to a Preppy Life
  1. Order your first Monogram- Mine is RMM (First, Last, Middle)
  2. Just google "preppy" or "prep" blogs and begin to learn. Some of my favorites are: Prep AvenueCollege Prep, and Prep In Your Step
  3. Go through your closet to begin the search for your preppy clothes.
  4. Know your brands: Lilly Pulitzer, Ralph Lauren, J. CrewSperryVineyard Vines, etc. 
  5. Know that brands can be expensive, so also try: New York and Co., Nordstrom, C. Wonder, and Gap
  6. You should always be organized and looking your best!
  7. Being preppy doesn't mean you are rich, it means you care about your appearance.
  8. Have the Go-To Bag: Longchamp it's great for any situation and is very preppy!
  9. Have fun with creating your new style; preppy people are happy people.
  10. Know that preppy never goes out of style! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment