Back in January, I was feeling pretty down because of the weather. I was wearing the same thing everyday- leggings and a sweatshirt. I was so bored with my closet and look, so I decided just out of the blue that I was going to become preppy. So for the past 3 months I have been transforming my closet, accessories, and of course monograming everything!!! I have done the research and put in the time. So I have come up with the "10 Steps to a Preppy Life".
10 Steps to a Preppy Life
- Order your first Monogram- Mine is RMM (First, Last, Middle)
- Just google "preppy" or "prep" blogs and begin to learn. Some of my favorites are: Prep Avenue, College Prep, and Prep In Your Step
- Go through your closet to begin the search for your preppy clothes.
- Know your brands: Lilly Pulitzer, Ralph Lauren, J. Crew, Sperry, Vineyard Vines, etc.
- Know that brands can be expensive, so also try: New York and Co., Nordstrom, C. Wonder, and Gap
- You should always be organized and looking your best!
- Being preppy doesn't mean you are rich, it means you care about your appearance.
- Have the Go-To Bag: Longchamp it's great for any situation and is very preppy!
- Have fun with creating your new style; preppy people are happy people.
- Know that preppy never goes out of style! :)